Friday, June 22, 2018

My New Obsession

                           

Do you know what the word contort means? It means to bend and twist in weird ways. I've been bending and twisting in weird ways.

I started contortion moves when I saw a girl on America's Got Talent. Her name is Sofie Dossi. She was self-taught doing contortion. I have fun doing it because I enjoy people's responses to it. They are usually amazed by what I can do. I practice a lot to do these moves. 

If you want to try the moves you can, but you have to be careful. You could injure your spine. For these moves, I stretched and practiced a lot. 


This photo was taken in downtown Chattanooga, TN.

When I saw this wood fence near a park in downtown Chattanooga, TN I thought it would be a cool background for a picture. I picked a pose and my mom snapped a quick picture of me.


This photo was taken in an alley in a city in downtown Chattanooga, TN 

My mom picked this background. We were walking between two stores trying to find our car and my mom said, "Wow! Look at this graffiti. Let's take some pictures here." My sister and I both did lots of posing. 


This photo is me in a backbend.

This is my favorite move... a backbend. My mom picked the pretty green in the background. I was at home doing this photo.


This is a move I just started practicing.

This move I just started practicing. This move hurts my arms and legs. I will keep practicing until it gets easier. 

Contortion keeps me busy, and I get more flexible. I love contortion. 


   

3 comments:

  1. Well written again Haylynn!! I sure Love your poses, very interesting!! Makes me hurt😉!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at it girl!!! Very nice form on all your poses!!! The sky is your limit (and I have a feeling you are going to go beyond that)!☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do backbends when I was a kid! Have fun, keep practicing, and who knows where it will take you!

    ReplyDelete